Subject: 25.2; Inconsistent color-values return values

From: В.Санников <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 16:43:00 +0300

(color-values "white")

returns "(65535 65535 65535)" while

     (color-values "#ffffff")

returns "(65280 65280 65280)" which is very surprising, confused and
inconsistent for me. Moreover, this leads to

     (color-name-to-rgb "white")

returns "(1.00390625 1.00390625 1.00390625)" which is looks wrong
because color components must be in [0; 1]

In GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.21)
  of 2017-09-22, modified by Debian built on lgw01-amd64-050
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12005000
System Description:	Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
  --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --build x86_64-linux-gnu
  --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
  --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 
--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs25:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
  --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
  -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs25-jYekUr/emacs25-25.2+1=. 
-fstack-protector-strong
  -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
  -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: ru_RU.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: ru_RU.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: ru_RU.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   recentf-mode: t
   global-magit-file-mode: t
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   global-auto-revert-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   evil-mode: t
   evil-local-mode: t
   global-company-mode: t
   global-undo-tree-mode: t
   undo-tree-mode: t
   projectile-mode: t
   helm-mode: t
   workgroups-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Quit
previous-line: Beginning of buffer

uncompressing faces.el.gz...done
Note: file is write protected
C-h C-g is undefined

read--expression: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
evil-backward-char: Beginning of line
End of line

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs25/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/site-lisp/debian-startup hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/home/ves/.emacs.d/elpa/seq-2.20/seq hides 
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/seq
/home/ves/.emacs.d/elpa/let-alist-1.0.5/let-alist hides 
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail quail debug cus-edit cus-start
cus-load eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe image-file tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize ffap bug-reference
misearch multi-isearch recentf tree-widget wid-edit helm-x-files
helm-for-files helm-bookmark helm-adaptive magit-bookmark bookmark pp
helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source url-vars mailcap winner helm-command helm-elisp
helm-eval edebug helm-info dired-aux dired-hide-dotfiles company-ispell
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs hideshow
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs evil-magit magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit
epa magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge
magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process
magit-mode derived transient git-commit magit-git magit-section
benchmark magit-utils which-func imenu vc-git diff-mode ido crm log-edit
message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp server subr-x savehist time
grep-a-lot autorevert filenotify evil evil-keybindings evil-integration
evil-maps evil-commands reveal flyspell ispell evil-jumps
evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex shell pcomplete
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core evil-common rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml company-bbdb
company elisp-format helm-etags-plus etags xref project
smart-mode-line-respectful-theme smart-mode-line rich-minority
solarized-light-theme solarized solarized-faces solarized-palettes color
highlight-parentheses goto-chg undo-tree diff jumplist buffer-move
windmove projectile grep compile comint ansi-color ibuf-ext ibuffer
thingatpt helm-mode helm-files helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags
helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp format-spec helm-utils helm-help
helm-types helm easy-mmode helm-source eieio-compat eieio eieio-core
helm-multi-match helm-lib async workgroups2 advice cl-seq cl-macs
edmacro kmacro anaphora ring f dash s finder-inf tex-site info package
epg-config seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra help-mode
easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib time-date mule-util cyril-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1024038 198976)
  (symbols 48 68161 0)
  (miscs 40 2122 463)
  (strings 32 226401 5541)
  (string-bytes 1 6174022)
  (vectors 16 90340)
  (vector-slots 8 1945204 174528)
  (floats 8 1157 276)
  (intervals 56 7471 3780)
  (buffers 976 88))

-- 
Вячеслав Санников
инженер-программист
ЛПО НТЦ МКС
Концерн "Автоматика"