Subject: bug#39584: evolution: involid page id error when composing emails

From: Christopher Howard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 17:09:33 -0900

Hi, I use evolution heavily, current 3.32.4 from Guix. I updated my
guix user packages and guix system about a week ago. When composing
emails, I occasionally see an error similar to this appear in a box
above the message composition area:

gdbus.error:org.freedesktop.dbus.error.invalidargs: invalid page id:
165

While the error is there, I cannot save the email to drafts or send it.
To resolve, I must copy the email contents to another program, then
restart evolution to create the email again. It seems to be very
random, but I'd guess it happens once about every five to ten emails I
send.

christopher@eowyn ~$ guix describe
Generation 9	Feb 05 2020 15:44:24	(current)
  guix 9d0dfd9
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 9d0dfd9a9a7c43363a4e140c20d49f119fe6f2e3

christopher@eowyn ~$ neofetch 
 ..                             `.   christopher@eowyn 
 `--..```..`           `..```..--`   ----------------- 
   .-:///-:::.       `-:::///:-.     OS: Guix System
9d0dfd9a9a7c43363a4e140c20d49f119fe6f2e3 x86_64 
      ````.:::`     `:::.````        Host: Vostro 230 00 
           -//:`    -::-             Kernel: 5.4.17-gnu 
            ://:   -::-              Uptime: 6 days, 4 hours, 5 mins 
            `///- .:::`              Packages: 55 (guix-system), 80
(guix-user) 
             -+++-:::.               Shell: bash 5.0.7 
              :+/:::-                DE: GNOME 3.32.2 
              `-....`                Theme: Adwaita [GTK2/3] 
                                     Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3] 
                                     Terminal: .gnome-terminal 
                                     CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 (2) @
2.672GHz 
                                     GPU: Intel 4 Series Chipset 
                                     Memory: 2412MiB / 7929MiB 

-- 
Christopher Howard
Enterprise Solutions Manager
Alaska Satellite Internet
PO Box 70, Ester, AK 99725
3239 La Ree Way, Fairbanks, AK 99709
907.451.0088
1.888.396.5623
www.alaskasatelliteinternet.com