Subject: bug#39577: 27.0.60; Assertion failed during compilation

From: Henrik Grimler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 21:04:30 +0100

> > > Can you show a backtrace from the segfault?
> > 
> > After loading gdbinit from emacs src, starting emacs and scrolling up
> > and down a file a couple of times it crashes with:
> > 
> > ```
> > Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> > 0xb6995228 in sigsetjmp () from /system/lib/libc.so
> > ```
> > 
> > A backtrace then unfortunately only shows:
> > 
> > ```
> > #0  0xb6995228 in sigsetjmp () from /system/lib/libc.so
> > #1  0x62e31f80 in ?? ()
> > Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
> 
> Sounds like sigsetjmp is buggy on that platform?

Could be? I have not seen any bug reports or similar issues for other
programs that seem related though, but android arm is fairly
rare these days. I am dreaming of finding a workaround on the emacs
side of things as I can not modify the system libraries (well not
easily anyways). I suppose I need to learn more about sigsetjmp and
friends to have a chance at that.

> > It also seems that the segfault does not happen if running inside
> > tmux.
> 
> Does "inside tmux" mean you run a -nw session?

Yes, sorry for not being clear. I am running inside a terminal
emulator for android called termux, all programs are linked against
android's libc, bionic. Compilers and other tools needed for compiling
emacs are available, but there is no x11 so emacs can only be run in -nw
mode.