Subject: bug#39575: guix time-machine fails when a tarball was modified in-place

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 16:58:15 +0100

Hi,

Some follow ups.

For me, now, the command

> > $ guix time-machine \
> >      --commit=56e95d54d209c2428f970d65d9b27ae4168449ad -- help

does not fail anymore at the Guile step:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  building /gnu/store/gglbrs8j0iq8ygh55inwfvpwb5z2x254-guile-2.2.4.drv...
  - 'check' phasebuilder for
  `/gnu/store/gglbrs8j0iq8ygh55inwfvpwb5z2x254-guile-2.2.4.drv' failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

because it was about "FAIL: test-out-of-memory".

Well, now, I am failing at the Python 3.7.3 step too:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  /gnu/store/s0lw23myd3hvpw28sffkhz8b30x1hcz0-python-minimal-3.7.3.drv failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

However, the python error seems about TLS:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
test.test_asyncio.test_windows_utils (unittest.loader.ModuleSkipped)
... test test_asyncio failed
skipped 'Windows only'

======================================================================
ERROR: test_start_tls_server_1
(test.test_asyncio.test_sslproto.SelectorStartTLSTests)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/guix-build-python-minimal-3.7.3.drv-0/Python-3.7.3/Lib/test/test_asyncio/test_sslproto.py",
line 507, in test_start_tls_server_1
    self.loop.run_until_complete(run_main())
  File "/tmp/guix-build-python-minimal-3.7.3.drv-0/Python-3.7.3/Lib/asyncio/base_events.py",
line 584, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/tmp/guix-build-python-minimal-3.7.3.drv-0/Python-3.7.3/Lib/test/test_asyncio/test_sslproto.py",
line 502, in run_main
    loop=self.loop, timeout=self.TIMEOUT)
  File "/tmp/guix-build-python-minimal-3.7.3.drv-0/Python-3.7.3/Lib/asyncio/tasks.py",
line 423, in wait_for
    raise futures.TimeoutError()
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutError
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

> Not sure what to do here.  Could this be a (harmless) coincident?

Me neither.

Cheers,
simon