Subject: bug#39557: 27.0.60; Elisp manual, doc about bignums

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 10:53:11 -0500

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > There seems to be a contradiction here: where we do describe the
>> > difference between fixnums and bignums, you argue that we shouldn't,
>> > but then you pick up a place where we don't distinguish between them,
>> > and you argue that we should...
>>
>> I think Drew intended the argument that we should distinguish them as a
>> sarcastic reductio ad absurdum.
>
> Not at all.  I wonder why you would think that,

When you said this:

    I mean, if you're going to be comparing against a literal value, and
    the doc slants you toward using `eq' as it does

since you *don't* want the doc to slant towards `eq', I read that
paragraph as sarcastic.

By the way, this

    I'm really surprised this doc got inserted as it is.

is too easily read as a snide jab (I know, you didn't mean it that way),
so it would be nice if you could leave out that kind of meta-opinion
from future reports.