Subject: bug#39556: closed (Re: bug#39556: 27.0.60; Org Mode menu item comes before Elisp item?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 23:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#39556: 27.0.60; Org Mode menu item comes before Elisp item?

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39556: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39556
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39556: 27.0.60; Org Mode menu item comes before Elisp item?
From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
To: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 00:31:08 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

FWIW, the change was not intentional.

It is fixed in Org stable branch, it will be merged in Emacs when Org
next release is out.

Thanks for reporting this!

-- 
 Bastien

Subject: 27.0.60; Org Mode menu item comes before Elisp item?
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 15:20:29 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

`C-h i' shows:

Emacs
* Emacs: (emacs).               The extensible self-documenting text editor.
* Emacs FAQ: (efaq).            Frequently Asked Questions about Emacs.
* Emacs W32 FAQ: (efaq-w32).    FAQs about Emacs on MS Windows.
* Org Mode: (org).              Outline-based notes management and organizer.
* Elisp: (elisp).               The Emacs Lisp Reference Manual.
* Emacs Lisp Intro: (eintr).    A simple introduction to Emacs Lisp 
                                  programming.

Really?  Was this intended?

How is Org mode different from, say, Gnus?  Or Tramp?  Or Dired?  Or
Ediff?  Or EWW?  Or any number of other features?  Why was it elevated
so?  Before Elisp?

Here's one vote to move it back down with the other specific modes.  At
least please move it out of the first group, which is for Emacs as a
whole and Elisp.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2019-12-28
Repository revision: 21c3020fcec0a32122d2680a391864a75393031b
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.18362
Configured using:
 `configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install -C 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static -g3''