Subject: Re: bug#39554: 27.0.50; cairo not composing sequences

From: James Cloos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 23:50:51 -0500

>>>>> "YM" == YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]> writes:

YM> I guess the difference comes from with vs. without HarfBuzz rather
YM> than cairo vs. xft.

makes sense.

YM> Could you check if that is the case on your environment?

all i know is that w/o cairo, describe-char reports:

    xft:-unknown-DejaVu Sans Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-22-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1
by these glyphs:
  [0 1 48 19 13 0 13 17 1 nil]
  [0 1 824 704 0 0 13 17 1 [-13 0 0]]

and w/ cairo it reports:

    ftcrhb:-unknown-DejaVu Serif-normal-normal-normal-*-22-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1
by these glyphs:
  [0 1 48 19 14 1 12 16 0 nil]
  [0 1 824 741 0 -17 -1 18 1 nil]

I presume that the '0 0 13 17 1 [-13 0 0]' vs '0 -17 -1 18 1 nil'
represents the failed overlay.

and that ftcrhb expands to freetype-cairo-harfbuzz.

it is a pain to dig deep w/o the left hand, but i can try w/ some
leading suggestions.  i haven't looked at the src since before my last
stroke, much less since this one.

-JimC
-- 
James Cloos <[email-masked]>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6