Subject: bug#39553: 28.0.50; ada mode was removed

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2020 12:30:00 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>> As for the policy of moving modes to ELPA -- I think we shouldn't do
>> that until we have the "include ELPA in the Emacs distribution" thing
>> that's been discussed for quite a while (but hasn't been implemented
>> yet).
>
> Is it hard to do?  We just need to add a step to copy the relevant files
> in make-tarball.txt and we're done, no?  Or do we need it to be
> completely automatic?

I think the idea is that one should still be able to download newer
versions of the packages from ELPA, even if (older) versions are
included in the distribution?  But I haven't followed the discussions
much...

>> As for ada-mode in particular, it's too late to move it back now, so I
>> don't think there's anything further to be done in this bug report, so
>> I'm closing it.
>
> Can't we just move it back in 27.2?

We could, but I think that'd be even more annoying, really.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no