Subject: Re: Addition of %content-addressed-mirrors to sources.json (SWH)?

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 11:57:01 +0100

Hi Simon!

zimoun <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 at 17:19, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

[...]

>> Yes, I think ‘sources.json’ should contain, for each item, a list of
>> URLs rather than a single URL, and mirror:// URLs should be expanded.
>
> Yes, now it is accepted [1] and it becomes the format of the
> 'sources.json' file.
>
> [1] https://forge.softwareheritage.org/D2025#65063

Excellent!

> The patch set v2 supports the first discussion of the format (single
> url); which is not relevant anymore.
> The patch set attached in v3 [2] supports the array of URLs.
>
> [2] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39547#35

Oh sorry, I hadn’t seen it.

>> However, ‘sources.json’ is currently specified to contain a single URL,
>> so we’re stuck with a single URL for now.
>>
>> Is that what you meant?
>
> What I mean is: append %content-addressed-mirrors for each package in
> the list of URLs.

Now I understand.  :-)  So yes, sure, the array of URLs in
‘sources.json’ could include a ci.guix.gnu.org URL and maybe the other
ones in there too.  For a subsequent patch I guess?

Thanks!

Ludo’.