Subject: bug#39545: 26.3; C-S-a gets translated to C-a in message-mode

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 14:07:28 -0500

Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> kuba.orlik--- via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
> text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> 1. M-x message-mode
>> 2. Enter some text
>> 3. Press C-S-a
>>
>> The point moves to the beggining of the line, but doesn't select the
>> text along the way, as C-S-a usually does
>
> C-S-a doesn't "usually" do that -- maybe it's a part of `cua-mode', and
> that's not getting enabled in `message-mode'?

It's enabled by transient-mark-mode which is turned on by default.  I
think the problem is that in message-mode C-a is bound to
message-beginning-of-line which misses the "^" in its interactive
string.