Subject: bug#39542: Adding openvpn client configurations to guix system

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 07:31:21 -0500

Le 10 février 2020 04:33:08 GMT-05:00, Damien Cassou <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>Hi,
>
>both OpenVPN and NetworkManager read network configurations from
>/etc. This should make it possible to configure your favorite VPN
>client
>configurations (and maybe wifi access points) in your /etc/config.scm.
>
>An OpenVPN client connection typically consists of *.key files, *.pem
>files and *.crt files. These should be placed under
>/etc/openvpn/client/.
>
>Each OpenVPN client connection must be declared at the Network manager
>level too. This means adding a *.nmconnection file in
>/etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/.
>
>It would be great if Guix could make that possible from my
>/etc/config.scm file.
>
>Thank you for your great work!

Hi,

We already have an openvpn-client-service-type and an openvpn-server-service-type. It's not linked to network manager though, I have no idea what it expects there. What do you need exactly?

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/VPN-Services.html#VPN-Services