Subject: bug#39527: A new information on LXQt DE not "logging in"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 May 2020 08:45:28 +0200

Hello guys,

I have come to realise something which might be of interest, but which 
might also be something which is well known to you.

When trying to launch LXQt from the GDM login/session manager, the 
screen just went blank and nothing happened. This is why I assumed "it 
simply doesnt work". Now I have switched to another login manager, and 
logging in to LXQt works - only that I am directly prompted to specify 
which WM I wanted to use. I was unable to locate one under /usr/bin 
(only /usr/bin/env seems to live there) and thus had to go to the 
/gnu/store directory.

So I assume that the problem might either be a "personal one" where I 
have forgotten to set some path (even though I have not received a 
particular warning of sorts). Or it is a problem that, either generally 
or specific to LXQt, I would call the "linking" situation -- that not 
completely supported packages just dont (yet) know about the location of 
the binaries.

That said, it is possible that to you guys, this is nothing noteworthy 
because it is clear. It's just that to me, it wasn't because I'm 
learning both guile and the linux ecosystem. Thus, if the problem at 
hand is simply a general problem, it is not a bug. Which means that the 
topic can be closed, if there is nothing to add :)

have a good day folks, guix rules