Subject: bug#39527: Cannot log into LXQt DE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 13:11:19 +0100

Hello everyone,

as the title says, I am (no longer) able to log into the LXQt DE. When I 
first installed it system-wide, I was able to log in. Later, I deleted 
it from my os-config and reconfigured. Later again, I re-added it to my 
os config and reconfigured. Now I have tried a couple of this to deal 
with this:
1) I deleted previous system and profile generations. I used `guix gc` 
to garbage collect. Then I used `sudo guix system reconfigure`. At this 
point in time, I only had the (meta-)package "lxqt" in my os config 
file.
2) I added about every package with a "lxqt"-prefix to the os config 
file and essentially repeated the steps mentioned in 1).

I am not entire certain which informations you will need in order to be 
able to help me. But I guess two things I can easily provide are my 
system configuration and a log of the reconfigure process - the latter 
because during the last reconfigure's, I noticed some things I would at 
first sight classify as anomalies (lines starting with "WARNING"). I 
hope that the german sprinkles in between the log are not all too 
confusing ;-)

If you need anything else, please tell me.

######### SYSTEM CONFIGURATION #########

use-modules (gnu))

(use-service-modules desktop networking ssh xorg)

(use-package-modules disk llvm linux ncdu xorg less gnome fonts 
display-managers lxqt syncthing
		     version-control emacs emacs-xyz tex cups video gstreamer gnuzilla 
web-browsers
		     messaging mail rsync suckless pdf curl databases hardware)

(operating-system
   (locale "de_DE.utf8")
   (timezone "Europe/Berlin")
;;  (keyboard-layout (keyboard-layout "de" "latin1 nodeadkeys"))
   (keyboard-layout (keyboard-layout "de"))
   (bootloader
     (bootloader-configuration
       (bootloader grub-bootloader)
       (target "/dev/sdb")
       (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)))
   (swap-devices (list "/dev/sdb3"))
   (file-systems
     (cons* (file-system
              (mount-point "/home")
              (device
                (uuid "8ee0b983-53f0-4e18-852f-8cd4424a6c6f"
                      'btrfs))
              (type "btrfs"))
            (file-system
              (mount-point "/")
              (device
                (uuid "cb425a5f-bd91-45d3-92e1-3b983450ee21"
                      'ext4))
              (type "ext4"))
            %base-file-systems))
   (host-name "guixter")
   (users (cons* (user-account
                   (name "hapster")
                   (comment "Olivier Rojon")
                   (group "users")
                   (home-directory "/home/hapster")
                   (supplementary-groups
                     '("wheel" "netdev" "audio" "video")))
                 %base-user-accounts))
   (packages
     (append
      (list (specification->package "nss-certs")
	   ;;system utilities
	   parted gparted e2fsprogs ncdu lshw setxkbmap less gnome-terminal 
xkbcomp rsync lvm2
	   st btrfs-progs recutils usbutils memtester memtest86+ ddrescue
	   ;grep

	   ;; UI
	   ;;;; fonts
	   font-hack font-ubuntu
	   ;;;; desktop environments, window and session managers
	   dwm dmenu
	   lxqt lxqt-build-tools liblxqt lxqt-globalkeys lxqt-runner 
lxqt-connman-applet libqtxdg libfm-qt libdbusmenu-qt compton-conf
	   ;;;; (icon) theme
	   arc-icon-theme arc-theme
)
       %base-packages))
   (services
     (append
       (list (service xfce-desktop-service-type)
	    (set-xorg-configuration
               (xorg-configuration
                 (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout))))
		%desktop-services)))

######### RECONFIGURE LOG #########
hapster@guixter ~$ guix pull
...
hapster@guixter ~$ sudo guix system reconfigure 
~/src/guix-config/os-desktop.scm
Passwort:
substitute: Liste der Substitute von „https://ci.guix.gnu.org“ wird 
aktualisiertsubstitute: Liste der Substitute von 
„https://ci.guix.gnu.org“ wird aktualisiert … 100.0%
Folgende Ableitung wird erstellt:
    /gnu/store/yi3z0wdqdsh9gbkgfa28h88d563qpc4w-grub.cfg.drv
/gnu/store/yi3z0wdqdsh9gbkgfa28h88d563qpc4w-grub.cfg.drv wird erstellt …
/gnu/store/n64pn9q7n7jhxlz4ay78h4f3g1cmlqkg-system
/gnu/store/pdzry1a1rimaj238hyq3jsw38lbhdjar-grub.cfg

System wird aktiviert …
;;; WARNING: loading compiled file 
/gnu/store/5bd6ywmfcxxa4gvpzg0pdbjwmf24cxkl-module-import-compiled/gnu/build/activation.go 
failed:
;;; In procedure load-thunk-from-memory: incompatible bytecode kind
;;; compiling 
/gnu/store/p8miza2mpnjdlpmh8504dm9xz2q9nvfr-module-import/gnu/build/activation.scm
;;; WARNING: loading compiled file 
/gnu/store/5bd6ywmfcxxa4gvpzg0pdbjwmf24cxkl-module-import-compiled/gnu/build/accounts.go 
failed:
;;; In procedure load-thunk-from-memory: incompatible bytecode kind
;;; compiling 
/gnu/store/p8miza2mpnjdlpmh8504dm9xz2q9nvfr-module-import/gnu/build/accounts.scm
;;; compiled 
/root/.cache/guile/ccache/3.0-LE-8-4.2/gnu/store/p8miza2mpnjdlpmh8504dm9xz2q9nvfr-module-import/gnu/build/accounts.scm.go
;;; compiled 
/root/.cache/guile/ccache/3.0-LE-8-4.2/gnu/store/p8miza2mpnjdlpmh8504dm9xz2q9nvfr-module-import/gnu/build/activation.scm.go
making '/gnu/store/n64pn9q7n7jhxlz4ay78h4f3g1cmlqkg-system' the current 
system...
setting up setuid programs in '/run/setuid-programs'...
populating /etc from /gnu/store/05lm1hp8975a9bkarkh200xmp130603g-etc...
WARNING: (guile-user): imported module (guix build utils) overrides core 
binding `delete'
WARNING: (guile-user): imported module (guix build utils) overrides core 
binding `delete'
WARNING: (guile-user): imported module (guix build utils) overrides core 
binding `delete'
WARNING: (guile-user): imported module (guix build utils) overrides core 
binding `delete'
WARNING: (guile-user): imported module (guix build utils) overrides core 
binding `delete'
WARNING: (guile-user): imported module (guix build utils) overrides core 
binding `delete'
/gnu/store/salhvhazm03y9y040zfqqlswhp8lx1q8-install-bootloader.scm.drv 
wird erstellt …
WARNING: (guile-user): imported module (guix build utils) overrides core 
binding `delete'
;;; WARNING: loading compiled file 
/gnu/store/bh8aw9l32dy1vr2an89ksrmzzjg6imf9-module-import-compiled/gnu/build/bootloader.go 
failed:
;;; In procedure load-thunk-from-memory: incompatible bytecode kind
;;; compiling 
/gnu/store/n9i0jf5ixppqwfdnl9nxcii27r2m0ia7-module-import/gnu/build/bootloader.scm
;;; compiled 
/root/.cache/guile/ccache/3.0-LE-8-4.2/gnu/store/n9i0jf5ixppqwfdnl9nxcii27r2m0ia7-module-import/gnu/build/bootloader.scm.go
guix system: bootloader successfully installed on '/dev/sdb'
WARNING: (guile-user): imported module (guix build utils) overrides core 
binding `delete'

Thanks a bunch, have a nice day fellows :)

greetings,
hapster