Subject: [bug#39526] Package: guix

From: Vincent Legoll <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 10:40:59 +0100

Hello,

I'm getting back into guix, using the 1.0.1 VM image in qemu.

I've tried to update with reconfigure after a pull
but that fails today (was working yesterday, FWIW)

It's probably pebkac...

root@gnu ~# guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm
guix system: error: canonicalize-path: No such file or directory:
"/root/config.scm"
root@gnu ~# ln -s /etc/config.scm
root@gnu ~# guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
[...]

And this last one succeeds

I saw a commit from a few days ago that touches the subject
of "canonicalize-path", maybe it's related:
09238d618a511de80de189ff3ff18bfa0f280bb9

Thanks for any help

-- 
Vincent Legoll