Subject: bug#39517: [PATCH] Add new option 'word-wrap-boundary'

From: Jaehwang Jerry Jung <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 00:23:39 +0900

I think my proposal is subsumed by "Line wrap reconsidered". If I
understood correctly, one can simply add characters like "/" to "|"
category to get the similar effect.

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 11:11 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> > Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2020 13:23:38 +0200
> >
> > Copyright assignment papers are on file now, I see.  And I think the
> > feature makes sense -- wrapping on "/" characters, for instance, is
> > something I think buffers for editing HTML (and the like) would benefit
> > from.
> >
> > Eli had some comments about the implementation, though.  Could you spin
> > a new version of the patch that takes those comments into consideration?
>
> Isn't this feature superseded by the more general one submitted in the
> discussion on emacs-devel Re: Line wrap reconsidered?  There, I'm
> waiting for the final submission after the last review, and will
> probably install after that.
>
> If the changes there don't do everything this proposal does, I suggest
> to modify this proposal to be compatible with that one.
>
> Thanks.