Subject: Re: [bug#39514] [PATCH] update radare2 and cutter versions

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 13:38:15 +0100

Pinoaffe,

[email-masked] 写道：
> update radare2 and cutter, they need to be updated at the same 
> time
> since old cutter doesn't build with new radare2 and new cutter 
> doesn't
> build with old radare2

This is a good reason not to separate the two, although I'm unsure 
what the commit message would look like.

> -    (version "3.5.1")
> +    (version "4.2.1")

Confusingly, their ‘releases’ page[0] lists 4.2.0 as ‘Latest 
release’.  As GitHub actively encourages poor release management 
this might just be an oversight, but it would be nice if this were 
clarified.  Is 4.2.1 generally accepted as the current stable 
release?

> +              (file-name (string-append name "-" version 
> "-checkout"))

There's a (git-file-name name version) helper that will do the 
same thing, prettier.

>      (description
> -      "Radare project started as a forensics tool, a scriptable
> commandline
> +     "Radare project started as a forensics tool, a scriptable

I'm going to improve the radare2 description on master so this 
hunk can be dropped.

Would you be willing to send a V2 patch to this bug number (and 
think of a good commit message following our standards[1])?  

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: https://github.com/radareorg/radare2/releasesu
[1]: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#Submitting-Patches