Subject: Re: bug#39504: 27.0.60; [PATCH] eww/shr: Ensure faces of enclosing elements apply to <code> elements

From: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 10:25:16 +0200

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Fair enough[1].  Would it be more worthwhile to focus on extending M-m
>> to prompt when there are multiple attachments, then?
>
> Not for me

OK, I guess I'll put the matter to rest then :)

My goal with this subthread was to find a technical solution to
accidental patch mangling by a maintainer; if you think there is no
issue to solve, then there is not much point working on that.

I know that this kind of blunder is pretty much a rounding error in your
overall workflow and I agree that in the grand scheme of things it's not
terribly important.

>From the point of view of a drive-by contributor though (at least this
drive-by contributor), it's a bit disheartening to spend so much time
dotting the i's[1], only for the wrong commit title to show up in the
repository log, and for the commit message to be wholly rewritten.

And since this appears to stem from a technical limitation of our tools
(i.e. M-m failing to handle more than one patch per message) it is
somewhat frustrating that suggested technical solutions[2] are being
brushed aside.

I hope I'm not raising a storm in a teacup over this; as I said, it's
not terribly important on a macro scale.  Sorry for all the noise, and
thank you again for your time!

[1] Filling in changelog entries, possibly generating action stamps,
    adding bug numbers…

[2] Aimed entirely at improving the current tooling, instead of flat out
    ranting about how "this would never have happened with a GitSquare™
    Joint Request".