Subject: Re: bug#39504: 27.0.60; [PATCH] eww/shr: Ensure faces of enclosing elements apply to <code> elements

From: Kévin Le Gouguec <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 19:46:11 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Speaking of cosmetic issues, how did you apply my patch?
>
> I did it by hand since there were two patches in the email and the `M-m'
> command in debbugs-gnu (which does all this applying and marking with
> bug numbers automatically) doesn't like that.

Thanks!  I didn't know about debbugs-gnu's M-m.

FWIW, "| git am RET" with point on the attachment actually *does* TRT[1]
(so long as you're happy with the contributor's message).

(Sorry for my earlier ramblings; while "git am $file" chokes on the
leading '>', "git am < $file" digests it just fine.)

I've cobbled up a function to apply "git am" on the attachment at point
and let the committer optionally amend the message.  Does that look
useful?

(defun debbugs-gnu-am ()
  (gnus-mime-pipe-part "git am")
  (vc-checkin nil 'Git)
  (vc-git-log-edit-toggle-amend)
  ;; log-edit-done eventually errors out if vc-parent-buffer is not a
  ;; file-visiting buffer.
  (setq-local vc-parent-buffer (find-file-noselect "CONTRIBUTE")))

Granted,

- the vc-parent-buffer hack is ugly,

- this does not fill the *log-edit-files* buffer,

- this does none of the careful window placement debbugs-gnu-apply-patch
  takes care of.

[1] If default-directory is set to the root of the Emacs repository, but
    a cursory glance at debbugs-gnu-apply-patch gives me the feeling
    that it's also true there?