Subject: bug#3950: 23.0.91; hs-minor-mode should obey hs-search-mode for viper searches too

From: Mauro Aranda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2025 12:02:08 -0300

Guido Van Hoecke <[email-masked]> writes:

 > Stefan Monnier wrote:
 >>> Right now, I must open the fold ('hs-toggle-hiding') and search again
 >>> ('viper-search-next') if I want to position point at the searched
 >>> text. I feel that this should be automated as it is done for
 >>> 'isearch'.
 >>
 >> You might want to try reveal-mode as well (don't know if it works with
 >> Viper's search, but it might, and if not, it's also a bug).
 >
 > I didn't know reveal-mode, shame on me!
 >
 > Thanks Stefan, both for having written it and for pointing my nose in
 > the proper direction! It works with viper's search, so no bug there!
 >

I took a look at this bug report, but I'm not sure what should be done
about it.

Looking at viper-search, it doesn't support the search-invisible option.
I guess we could add support for that option, considering it as an
extension, reusing the isearch code for opening/closing overlays.  But,
at that point, there's not much difference between viper-search and
viper-isearch-{forward,backward}.

Any opinions? My feeling that it's still OK to add the support for
search-invisible, but since I never use viper, I can't be sure.