Subject: bug#3950: 23.0.91; hs-minor-mode should obey hs-search-mode for viper searches too

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:39:47 +0200

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 8:20 AM, Guido Van Hoecke<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:28 PM, Guido Van Hoecke<[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>>> You might want to try reveal-mode as well (don't know if it works with
>>>> Viper's search, but it might, and if not, it's also a bug).
>>> I didn't know reveal-mode, shame on me!
>>>
>>> Thanks Stefan, both for having written it and for pointing my nose in
>>> the proper direction! It works with viper's search, so no bug there!
>>>
>>> The cursor sits on the ... for about 2 seconds, and than the fold
>>> opens. Is there some kind of (configurable) time-out before the fold
>>> opens?
>>
>> I think that is a Viper thing. Isn't there a pause for 2 sec when the
>> match is highlighted?
>
> I would not know. Did not find anything about such a pause or delay in
> the info files nor in viper customization.

You are right. It is not possible ot customize this. I looked at the
sources for Viper and it is actually hard coded. There are a lot of
calls to (sit-for 2).