Subject: bug#3950: 23.0.91; hs-minor-mode should obey hs-search-mode for viper searches too

From: Guido Van Hoecke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 19:46:21 +0200

I use 'viper-mode' and 'hs-minor-mode' for most of my editing. Both
modes are part of GNU Emacs and thus should probably cooperate.

Hideshow provides the 'hs-isearch-open' variable that controls what
should be opened when the searched text is inside a closed fold. I
feel that a similar functionality is needed for viper searching,
something like 'hs-viper-open' with similar values.

Right now, I must open the fold ('hs-toggle-hiding') and search again
('viper-search-next') if I want to position point at the searched
text. I feel that this should be automated as it is done for
'isearch'.

Guivho.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.91.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.0)
 of 2009-04-05 on crested, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 1:20090320-1ubuntu1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10600000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--host' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.0.91/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.0.91/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  icicle-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent input:
<left> <left> <left> <left> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
c o m p l y SPC w i t h <right> h s - <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <right> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> o b e y SPC <delete> <delete> <delete> 
<delete> <delete> <delete> <delete> <delete> <delete> 
<delete> <delete> <delete> <end> SPC f o r SPC v i 
p e r <XF86ScrollUp> <XF86ScrollUp> <f1> k / <XF86ScrollUp> 
d <backspace> SPC s e a r c h e s SPC t o o <return> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <down> <down> 
<up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<down> <down> <next> <next> <next> <prior> <prior> 
<prior> <next> <next> <prior> <prior> <prior> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> 
<help-echo> <mouse-movement> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> 
<S-delete> <XF86Cut> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Loading msgdb for +draft...done
Type C-c C-x C-z to exit MIME mode, and type C-c C-x ? to get help.
Saving...done
Saving...done [2 times]
 [13 times]
call-interactively: Beginning of buffer
Beginning of buffer

Saving...done
 [5 times]