Subject: Re: bug#39489: 28.0.50; On Emacs 27, 28, tramp hangs indefinitely

From: Benjamin Slade <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 12:00:39 -0700

Hi Michael,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

 > You have fixed it yourself I guess. But since it happens also 
 > for other
 > people, could you pls check whether the appended patch would 
 > have
 > solved it for you, keeping the empty field in your $PATH?

Applying the path, and adding back in an empty entry in my $PATH 
does indeed seem to solve the issue. 

 > > [There is still an issue with the =em-tramp= package on Emacs 
 > > 27+,
 > > which causes a complete lock-up (i.e. C-g won't work), but 
 > > that
 > > should likely be a separate bug report.]

 > Please do.

I will do so soon.

best,
  —Ben

-- 
( Dr Benjamin Slade . [email-masked] . https://lambda-y.net )
( Linguistics . University of Utah . https://linguistics.utah.edu 
)
( office : LNCO 2309 )
`( pgp_fp: ,(21BA 2AE1 28F6 DF36 110A 0E9C A320 BBE8 2B52 EE19))
'( sent by mu4e in Emacs on GNU/Linux . https://gnu.org )