Subject: Re: bug#39489: 28.0.50; On Emacs 27, 28, tramp hangs indefinitely

From: Benjamin Slade <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 14:48:26 -0700

On 2020-02-07T14:34:13-0700, Michael Albinus 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

 > Hi Benjamin,

 > According to the traces, it is still a problem with the 
 > password:

 > > 09:43:31.208362 tramp-accept-process-output (1) # Quit: 
 > > "Quit", ""
 > > Sorry, try again.
 > > Password:

It never asks me for a password, but just hangs.

 > You say, that "emacs -Q" is working for you. Could you please 
 > bisect your init file, until you find the culprit config? The 
 > smallest one? And could you pls show your guilty config then? I 
 > don't need the text of any configured password, but how it is 
 > provided by auth-source.

While it works with "emacs -Q", it does NOT work with "emacs -q", 
so my init is irrelevant.

 —Ben

--
( Dr Benjamin Slade . [email-masked] . https://lambda-y.net )
( Linguistics . University of Utah . https://linguistics.utah.edu 
)
( office : LNCO 2309 )
`( pgp_fp: ,(21BA 2AE1 28F6 DF36 110A 0E9C A320 BBE8 2B52 EE19))
'( sent by mu4e in Emacs on GNU/Linux . https://gnu.org )