Subject: bug#3948 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#3948: 23.1.50; Please mark list-colors buffer unmodified)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 20:25:05 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#3948: 23.1.50; Please mark list-colors buffer unmodified

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
3948: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3948
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#3948: 23.1.50; Please mark list-colors buffer unmodified
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 16:16:53 -0400

> `list-colors-display' is non-standard since it outputs the buffer's
> content in `temp-buffer-show-hook' to be able to align hex numbers
> at the window's right edge.  This can be fixed by restoring the
> `modified' flag explicitly:

I've checked in your patch, thanks.

Subject: 23.1.50; Please mark list-colors buffer unmodified
From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:25:39 +0200

It is rather annoying that it is marked as modified. Perhaps there are
more buffers that are marked modified but are not that?

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-06-30
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/g/include -fno-crossjumping'