Subject: bug#39477: sbcl-serapeum yields sbcl loading error in guix environment container

From: Martin Flack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 18:18:12 -0700

Hello,

This command:

guix environment --container --no-cwd --ad-hoc sbcl sbcl-serapeum -- \
  sbcl --eval '(require :asdf)' --eval '(require :serapeum)' --quit

...yields an error from SBCL:

...
ASDF could not load serapeum because
Component "fare-quasiquote-extras" not found, required by
#<PREBUILT-SYSTEM "serapeum">.

debugger invoked on a ASDF/FIND-COMPONENT:MISSING-DEPENDENCY in thread
#<THREAD "main thread" RUNNING {10005684C3}>:
  Component "fare-quasiquote-extras" not found, required by
  #<PREBUILT-SYSTEM "serapeum">
...

The same command works with other substantial packages if you replace (both
mentions of) serapeum with dramka or cl-async for example. Maybe there is a
dependency issue with either serapeum or the fare utils? How might this be
fixed?

guix --version

guix (GNU Guix) 9d0dfd9a9a7c43363a4e140c20d49f119fe6f2e3

Thanks!

-- 

Martin