Subject: bug#39463: Enlightenment desktop - multiple programs from other desktop environments

From: Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 10:37:34 -0700

On Thu, 2020-02-06 at 20:01 +0000, Scott C. MacCallum via Bug reports
for GNU Guix wrote:
> After the installation of all the available desktop environments,
> in the Enlightenment desktop environment there are multiple programs
> from some of the other desktop environments to choose from, not just
> the Enlightenment default ones.
> 
> Scott
> scmguru - irc.freenode.net
> 
> 
> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.
> 
> 

Does this happen when only Enlightenment is installed? If not, I do not
think this is necessarily a bug.

It makes sense that englightenment would detect all programs installed.
Since other desktop environments install programs, enlightenment should
detect the other programs. If gnome is installed alongside
enlightenment, I would expect both environments to detect the same
packages, including those installed by gnome and those installed by
enlightenment.

I suppose if it is nevertheless an undesirable behavior, we could try
to allow a configuration to specify global profiles, so the desktop
environments can be isolated from each other. Can anyone poke holes
(bonus points if  security-related) in this proposed solution?