Subject: [PATCH core-updates 0/6] glibc & binutils update

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 18:59:55 +0100

These patches update Binutils and Glibc to the latest versions, as well as
Linux-Libre headers (I will change from 5.4.16 to 5.4.18 or whatever is
current before pushing).

Glibc 2.31 required patching every GCC version due to a size change that
trips libsanitizer.  It also requires patching older glibc versions due to
an unrelated change, but I'm not sure what the correct fix is.  Try
building [email-masked] with these patches to join the quest.

The GCC patches were pretty tricky, and unfortunately required small tweaks
between each version.  I would prefer if someone else tried cherry-picking
the relevant upstream commits to an older GCC and see if they get the same
result I did.  See the patch files for URLs.

Marius Bakke (6):
  gnu: linux-libre-headers: Update to 5.4.16.
  gnu: dnsmasq: Fix build with linux-libre-headers >= 5.2.
  gnu: binutils: Update to 2.34.
  gnu: cross-binutils: Fix xtensa build with Binutils 2.34.
  gnu: glibc: Update to 2.31.
  gnu: libfaketime: Fix build with glibc 2.31.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |    7 +
 gnu/packages/base.scm                         |   55 +-
 gnu/packages/check.scm                        |    4 +
 gnu/packages/commencement.scm                 |   15 +-
 gnu/packages/cross-base.scm                   |   15 +-
 gnu/packages/dns.scm                          |   14 +-
 gnu/packages/gcc.scm                          |    6 +
 gnu/packages/linux.scm                        |    8 +-
 .../binutils-revert-xtensa-shift.patch        | 4091 +++++++++++++++++
 .../gcc-4.9-libsanitizer-mode-size.patch      |   52 +
 .../gcc-6-libsanitizer-mode-size.patch        |   53 +
 .../gcc-7-libsanitizer-mode-size.patch        |   53 +
 .../gcc-8-libsanitizer-mode-size.patch        |   56 +
 .../gcc-9-libsanitizer-mode-size.patch        |   58 +
 .../glibc-2.29-supported-locales.patch        |   33 +
 .../patches/glibc-supported-locales.patch     |   11 +-
 16 files changed, 4503 insertions(+), 28 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/binutils-revert-xtensa-shift.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gcc-4.9-libsanitizer-mode-size.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gcc-6-libsanitizer-mode-size.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gcc-7-libsanitizer-mode-size.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gcc-8-libsanitizer-mode-size.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/gcc-9-libsanitizer-mode-size.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/glibc-2.29-supported-locales.patch

-- 
2.25.0