Subject: bug#39455: closed (Re: bug#39455: 28.0.50; <dead-circumflex> is undefined)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 09:00:03 +0000

Your bug report

#39455: 28.0.50; <dead-circumflex> is undefined

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
39455: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=39455
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#39455: 28.0.50; <dead-circumflex> is undefined
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 10:59:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2020 07:38:59 +0100
> 
> >> I cannot type circumflex accents with Emacs compile from latest
> >> master branch.
> >
> > Please tell more: what did you try to type, and what happened?
> 
> The problem is gone with another pull and compilation, you can close
> it.

Done.

> Under what circumstances can this error occur?  I could then try to
> avoid it in the future.

I cannot answer that question without knowing what you typed and what
happened when you did.  Can you try to recollect that and describe it
as best as you can remember?

Subject: 28.0.50; <dead-circumflex> is undefined
From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 17:51:18 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I cannot type circumflex accents with Emacs compile from latest
master branch.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-02-06 built on guerry
Repository revision: 15814d0ccd95848a2a0513d93ab718a49b289598
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Ubuntu 19.04

Recent messages:
Checking new news...done
No more unseen articles
No more unread articles
Parsing BBDB file ‘~/Documents/config/bbdb’...done
Parsing /home/guerry/.mailrc... done
Message modified; kill anyway? (y or n) y
Quit
C-x C-g is undefined
Mark saved where search started
Mark set

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS PDUMPER LCMS2
GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-mailing-list-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  hidden-mode-line-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug gnus-cite bbdb-message mailalias sendmail
ecomplete mail-extr misearch multi-isearch company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop xref project
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company
origami origami-parsers s gnus-async gnus-dup qp gnus-ml cursor-sensor
utf-7 nndoc network-stream nnnil mule-util exec-path-from-shell
org-bullets dired-subtree dired-hacks-utils dash multi-term term ehelp
which-key pdf-occur ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist
tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
let-alist pdf-misc imenu pdf-tools compile cus-edit cus-start cus-load
pdf-view bookmark pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util paredit tls gnutls
erc-services erc-networks erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat pp
erc-loaddefs bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-anniv bbdb-com bbdb bbdb-site
timezone gnus-icalendar gnus-alias gnus-delay gnus-draft gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 nndraft nnmh notmuch hl-line notmuch-hello
notmuch-tree notmuch-show notmuch-print notmuch-crypto notmuch-mua
notmuch-message notmuch-draft notmuch-maildir-fcc notmuch-address
notmuch-company notmuch-parser notmuch-wash coolj notmuch-query
goto-addr thingatpt notmuch-tag crm notmuch-lib notmuch-compat cl
mm-view mml-smime smime dig org-caldav icalendar org-id url-dav
url-http url-auth url-gw nsm org-duration vc-git diff-mode disp-table
ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m org-agenda org-clock
ob-gnuplot ob-R ob-plantuml ob-scheme geiser-impl help-fns radix-tree
geiser-custom geiser-base geiser ob-ledger ob-ditaa ob-org ob-clojure
ob-dot ob-shell ox-koma-letter ol-gnus nnir org-capture org-refile
ox-beamer ox-md ox-rss ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match
rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-macro org-footnote org-src
ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp org-table org-keys org-loaddefs
find-func gnus-sum shr svg xml dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived
epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums text-property-search
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit avl-tree generator ol ob-exp
ob-core org-compat ob-eval org-macs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dired-x dired dired-loaddefs
helm-config helm-easymenu async-bytecomp helm helm-source eieio-compat
helm-multi-match helm-lib advice async google-translate
google-translate-default-ui google-translate-core-ui ido
google-translate-core google-translate-tk google-translate-backend url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap register-list whitespace cl-extra
help-mode avoid pixel-scroll time autoinsert paren server
doom-nord-theme pcase doom-themes doom-themes-base docker-tramp
tramp-cache tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time iso8601
time-date ls-lisp format-spec edmacro kmacro use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core rx info
package easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs
cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1578638 83532)
 (symbols 48 47971 4)
 (strings 32 563959 21600)
 (string-bytes 1 14530906)
 (vectors 16 159955)
 (vector-slots 8 3190778 26730)
 (floats 8 582 143)
 (intervals 56 1986 0)
 (buffers 1000 32))

-- 
 Bastien