Subject: Re: bug#39452: [PATCH] vc-git-state fails for filenames with wildcards

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2020 11:54:06 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli, what do you think is better, applying a more verbose fix (which
> prepends stuff to every file name) and spending some of our complexity
> budged on that.
>
> Or using the simple fix and documenting the git hooks erratum in the
> manual (or somewhere else).
>
> I'm inclining toward the latter, esp. considering that the problem
> should be familiar to Magit users already, and thus the fix is
> prominently documented on the Internet.

It seems like everybody agreed that adding the environment variable and
documenting the problem would be the best fix here, but it doesn't look
like that was applied?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no