Subject: bug#3944: closed (Re: bug#3944: GNU Emacs and Digital Unix (OSF1) 5.1)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 03:20:04 +0000

Your bug report

#3944: GNU Emacs and Digital Unix (OSF1) 5.1

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
3944: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3944
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#3944: GNU Emacs and Digital Unix (OSF1) 5.1
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 23:19:30 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

tags 3944 wontfix
stop

Since no OSF users ever replied to say what changes are needed to
support it, we cannot do anything about this.

Subject: GNU Emacs and Digital Unix (OSF1) 5.1
From: Tommi Raulahti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:20:20 +0300

Hi there!

New Emacs is soon to be released and decided to test latest prebuild
release in environment I'm using (with many others)... But...
Configure said, my system is no longer supported... oh well. Now, I
have a request. Can you provide me some patch for configure to enable
compiling Emacs 23 to OSF/1 5.1? Of course, we can stick with Emacs
22.3 (which compiled to OSF/1 easily).

In that case, compilation may require something OSF/1 doesn't have,
I'll have to forget this and keep using older version until our last
DEC is long gone...

Thank you very much for your co-operation!

Regards,
Tommi Raulahti

HP Tru64 UNIX V5.1B (Rev. 2650) user...