Subject: bug#39436: closed (Re: bug#39436: 27.0.60; Documentaion error for package-menu-hide-package)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 10:25:03 +0200

> From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Pieter van Oostrum <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 22:00:27 +0100
> 
> [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System) writes:
> 
> >> (although "permanently" sounds quite strong to me.)
> >
> > I've removed "Permanently" and made the description more detailed.
> 
> Thanks.  But in the new text, there seems to be no indication that the
> hidden status is saved for future sessions.
> 
> I'm not sure how to best describe that, if we feel that "permanently"
> is not clear enough.  Maybe we could say something along the lines of
> "for all future sessions" or somesuch.  It's probably also a good idea
> to mention the variable package-hidden-regexps.
> 
> WDYT?

Feel free to make such a change, although I don't particularly see why
we need to emphasize the "future sessions" part here.  We don't
actually say anywhere anything to the contrary, and there are no other
commands that hide stuff only temporarily, do we?