Subject: bug#39413: 26.2; Emacs gets hung

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 12:27:26 -0500

tags 39413 + unreproducible
quit

chiaki-ishikawa-thunderbird-account <[email-masked]> writes:

> I printed stack backtrace and Emacs seemed to be in memory allocator.
> Then I let it continue.
> Still the emacs screen was locked up.
> So I interrupted the execution, and printed stack backtrace.
> Again Emacs was in memory allocator.
> Eventually I gave up and killed emacs.
>
> It seems that garbage collection or
> routine in alloc.c was looping.

That's not enough evidence to show that the garbage collection was
looping.  There could be some higher level loop that does a lot of
allocation, so that if you stop at some random point you would have a
high probability of stopping in the alloc.c.  If you catch this in gdb
again, try running the 'finish' a few times to see if it can leave the
alloc.c code.

> This is not a repeatable bug. I have no idea how to reproduce this. It
> occurs every now and then.