Subject: bug#3941: 23.0.96; doc for distinguishing interactive calls

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 22:15:35 +0200

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> This bug report is about node (elisp)Distinguish Interactive.
> Starting with Emacs 22, you introduced `called-interactively-p'.  As a
> result, the doc explaining testing for interactive use became worse,
> not better.
>
> The "recommended" way is presented first.  Why it is recommended is
> not stated, and it's not clear to me (recommended for what use cases?
> why?).  The "recommended" way does not really test whether a function
> was in fact called interactively.

Separating out the interactive parts into the `interactive' spec is just
good style, instead of sprinkling the code further down for
interactiveness.

I've read the node in question now, and I think it's quite clear, and
doesn't say anything I disagree with much, so I'm closing this bug
report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/