Subject: Re: bug#39399: tramp depends on unstable details of shell command line processing

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 09:34:36 +0200

内藤 祐一郎 <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>> Appended is a patch for Tramp 2.4.4. You might install it from GNU
>> ELPA. Please check, whether this works for you.
>
> The appended patch works for me.
> But I think just moving "set +o emacs +o vi” before “stty …” is more simple way.

Thanks for the feedback. In fact, the patch does exactly this: moving up
the "set +o emacs +o vi” command. The rest of the patch removes the
handling of "~/.editrc", which was added as first attempt to solve this
bug, and which isn't needed anymore.

@John, I've Cc'ed you that you can check whether the changed fix still
works for you.

I'm closing this bug, again. The patch has been committed to the
repositories. Tramp 2.4.4.1, planned to be released later this week on
GNU ELPA, will contain it.

Furthermore, this patch will also be in Emacs 27.2. For Emacs 27.1 it's
too late to commit.

> Yuichiro NAITO

Best regards, Michael.