Subject: bug#39394: vis editor doesn't respect user configuration

From: Gábor Boskovits <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 23:56:58 +0100

tsmish <[email-masked]> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. febr. 2., Vas 22:08):

> > I would go for renaming it like visrc.lua.example, or similar.
>
> I don't really like this solution because while this particular
> problem will be fixed, underlying issue of system paths having higher
> priority than user ones will stay.
> From what I can figure out from the
> code(
> https://github.com/martanne/vis/blob/a4b64c5c396646bb2f14db3b4145a5482a2ff8bf/vis-lua.c#L2650
> )
> $VIS_PATH is at the top of package.path which will make requires from
> user configuration go there in case of files with same name.
> Also this will probably make commands such as "set theme" ignore user
> files from configuration directory when there is a file in system one
>
Ok, as a real user of vis, I believe you got a better understanding. I will
have a look at the package tomorrow.

>
> Also there is VIS_PATH #define which seems to be intended way to set
> path to system directory. It is set to /usr/local/share/vis by
> default, but I don't see it
> in help, which probably means it gets overwritten with some kind of guix
> magic.
>