Subject: bug#39390: 28.0.50; prettify-symbols-mode confuses display when start/end faces are different

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2020 20:03:38 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Raphael 'kena' Poss <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 18:56:35 +0100
> 
> On 02-02-2020 18:18, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > So I don't think there can be a workaround, except by "fixing" the
> > font-lock faces to use the same face on all the characters you want to
> > substitute.
> > 
> 
> I don't mind this at all! Can you explain how to do this?

I can only explain it in general terms, since I'm not familiar with
go-mode.

The idea is to modify the font-lock definitions of the mode such that
the characters you want to substitute all get the same face.  To see
what faces a character gets, go to that character and type

   M-x describe-text-properties RET

HTH