Subject: bug#3939 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: 23.0.96; I can not understant the paragraph in emacs manual.)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:30:08 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#3939: 23.0.96; I can not understant the paragraph in emacs manual.

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
3939: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=3939
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 23.0.96; I can not understant the paragraph in emacs manual.
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: waterloo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 11:28:36 -0400

> Below paragraph is in 31.8 Libraries of Lisp Code for Emacs of Emacs
> Manual.
>
> When an .el file is in one of load-path, do I need to load it in
> .emacs to use it ?
>
> I feel the meaning of the below paragragh is not clear.

I've clarified the paragraph in the manual.  Thanks.

Subject: 23.0.96; I can not understant the paragraph in emacs manual.
From: waterloo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:33:44 +0800

Below paragraph is in 31.8 Libraries of Lisp Code for Emacs of Emacs
Manual.

When an .el file is in one of load-path, do I need to load it in
.emacs to use it ?

I feel the meaning of the below paragragh is not clear.

Thanks

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
 Often you do not have to give any command to load a library, because
the commands defined in the library are set up to "autoload" that
library.  Trying to run any of those commands calls `load' to load the
library; this replaces the autoload definitions with the real ones from
the library.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/23.0.96/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.96.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.1)
 of 2009-07-09 on laptop
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10503000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu'
'--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
'--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--program-suffix=-emacs-23'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-23' '--with-sound' '--with-x'
'--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png'
'--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm' '--with-xft' '--without-libotf'
'--without-m17n-flt' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--without-hesiod'
'--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus'
'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-O2
-march=pentium-m -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: zh_CN.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=SCIM
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-source-specials-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1>
<S-down-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-2> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4>
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5>
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4>
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4>
<double-mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <help-echo> <down-mouse-8>
<mouse-8> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5>
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement>
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5>
<double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4>
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1>
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5>
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
compare-windows: No other window
Mark set [2 times]
No more matching points
byte-code: End of buffer [2 times]
Quit
call-interactively: Text is read-only [2 times]
Quit [4 times]
Mark set
bunzip2ing emacs.info.bz2...done
bunzip2ing emacs-3.info.bz2...done