Subject: bug#39389: 27.0.60; A couple of bugs messing with minibuffer completion of /sudo::

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 09:56:27 +0100

Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

>> A relative entry like "." in `exec-path' could be a problem, if
>> `call-process' searches for the gpg command, and `default-directory' is
>> remote. Could you pls check whether the appended patch solves it for you?
>
> Acutally sorry, ignore my last reply. This patch works! Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. I've pushed the patch to the master branch of
Emacs. It will be merged with the emacs-27 branch after the release of
Emacs 27.1. And it will also be part of Tramp 2.4.3.2, to be released
via GNU ELPA in a couple of weeks.

What's left is your first problem: when setting
`ido-enable-tramp-completion' to nil, ido does not handle remote file
names as you expect. I've explained already, that I don't believe that
this is a bug. So I'd like to close this bug report.

Why do you need to set `ido-enable-tramp-completion' to nil?

Best regards, Michael.