Subject: Re: [bug#39384] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-rg.

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 11:58:51 +0200

On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 09:41:41PM -0600, LaFreniere, Joseph wrote:
> 
> Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Is it possible to patch the invocations of `rg` to refer to ripgrep
> > directly?
> 
> Thank you for the input, but I don't understand what you mean by "referring
> to ripgrep directly".  Can you elaborate on that proposal and how it would
> help resolve the question of whether to include ripgrep as a propagated
> input?

We want to have ripgrep as a regular input, so at the point in the code
where it searches through PATH for the rg binary we patch it to refer to
the specific binary. One example of this is in (gnu packages emacs-xyz),
with emacs-nov-el.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted