Subject: bug#39383: 26.3; Problem with custom agenda export

From: Omar Omar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 21:30:18 +0200

I am trying to export custom agendas to html file constantly if the custom
agenda is triggered. However, I find no file output. When I use C-x C-w, I
can export the current opened agenda successfully, but I want to export it
automatically, so I have followed the following link
https://orgmode.org/manual/Exporting-agenda-views.html#DOCF112. Wrote the
following command. However, the export is not found when any of the custom
agendas open with no error messages.

```
(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("X" agenda "" nil ("agenda.html" "agenda.ps"))
        ("Y" alltodo "" nil ("todo.html" "todo.txt" "todo.ps"))
        ("h" "Agenda and Home-related tasks"
         ((agenda "")
          (tags-todo "home")
          (tags "garden"))
         nil
         ("~/views/home.html"))
        ("o" "Agenda and Office-related tasks"
         ((agenda)
          (tags-todo "work")
          (tags "office"))
         nil
         ("~/views/office.ps" "~/calendars/office.ics"))))
```

Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Recent messages:
Preparing diary...done
Preparing diary...done
Preparing diary...done
Preparing diary...done
Preparing diary...done
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer [2 times]
Making completion list...
Bug-Reference mode enabled in current buffer
You can run the command ‘bug-reference-mode’ with M-x bug-m RET
Bug-Reference mode enabled in current buffer
mwheel-scroll: End of buffer
Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 --disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --program-suffix=26 --with-modules --with-file-notification=inotify
 --with-mailutils --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xwidgets
 --with-lcms2 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs26-TP6iDo/emacs26-26.3~1.git96dd019=.
-fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -no-pie' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro
 -no-pie''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org-Agenda Week Diary Ddl Grid Habit

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/textmodes/flyspell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail bug-reference view cal-china
lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
cal-iso pp help-fns radix-tree cus-edit cus-start cus-load cl-extra
help-mode org-indent image-file org-w3m org-rmail org-mhe org-irc
org-info org-habit org-gnus nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mail-utils
wid-edit org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired dired-loaddefs
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda elec-pair org-caldav oauth2
warnings json map plstore epg icalendar diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-id
ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree generator org
advice org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs ob-exp ob-core org-compat ob-eval org-macs url-dav url-http
tls gnutls url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
mailcap url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-cookie url-domsuf url-gw nsm rmc puny url-util xml
thingatpt cl edmacro kmacro finder-inf package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting xwidget-internal move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 404856 39255)
 (symbols 48 42683 2)
 (miscs 40 520 840)
 (strings 32 130770 4793)
 (string-bytes 1 3744855)
 (vectors 16 41401)
 (vector-slots 8 832787 14944)
 (floats 8 763 577)
 (intervals 56 2148 43)
 (buffers 992 19))