Subject: Re: bug#3938: 23.0.96; regression: minibuffer-message interferes with C-u

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:03:45 -0400

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Actually, I already had the call to `minibuffer-message' last, in my
> own code.
>
> ... we use an exact copy of `universal-argument-map' instead of
> `universal-argument-map' itself. That's the only change from vanilla
> Emacs (the definition of `my-ensure-overriding-map-is-bound' just
> reflects the vanilla definition).
>
> Same instructions as before: M-x C-u C-f, hitting C-f right after C-u
> (no delay) vs waiting until the 2-sec delay for `minibuffer-message'
> has elapsed.

If you want to hack universal-argument this way, you need to hack
sit-for as well: replace the last few lines of sit-for with

      (if (eq overriding-terminal-local-map my-universal-argument-map)
          (setq read (cons t read)))
      (push read unread-command-events)
      nil))))))