Subject: RE: bug#3938: BUG system seems messed up - I did not close this bug

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:59:49 -0700

> Yes, he had sent a message to [email-masked]. _and_ to you.  If you
> reply to that, you need to edit out the "-done" part to prevent
> re-closing the bug if you reopened it.
> 
> Since this is somewhat confusing, maybe it would be better to 
> only send bug closing messages to the nnnn-done address and
> not to the submitter as well?
> 
> Sven

I see; thanks.

However, the submitter needs to be informed of a bug closing. What shouldn't
happen, perhaps, is to include all of the addresses in the same mail. Or,
better, the bug tracking system should use only instructions in the mail body to
close a bug - it shouldn't just close a bug if the address *-done is a
recipient. Anyway, I'll leave solving the bug-tracker problems to others more
qualified. Obviously, it is fragile, overly complex, and needs some improvement.

I hope that this bug (#3938) is still open for now, in any case.