Subject: 27.0.60; Fix for #38457 broke ido-vertical-mode

From: Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 23:53:19 +0000

Fix for #38457, commit 3b0938c0420de2b845e7e8f8fbbb57ddc61718f2, seems
to have broken ido-vertical-mode and perhaps other minor modes that uses
similar techniques to render a custom ido completion list. Is there
another fix possible, or better yet, introduce a new overridable
function that controls how the prompt is displayed?

https://github.com/creichert/ido-vertical-mode.el/issues/48

In GNU Emacs 27.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60 Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G2022))
 of 2020-01-31 built on MobileCat.local
Repository revision: cdf8c31844263312aaf08527ce251edb32c5819c
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1671
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.14.6

Recent messages:
Can’t guess python-indent-offset, using defaults: 4
Importmagic and/or epc not found. importmagic.el will not be working.
Can’t guess python-indent-offset, using defaults: 4
Importmagic and/or epc not found. importmagic.el will not be working. [6 times]
ls does not support --dired; see ‘dired-use-ls-dired’ for more details.
Wrote /Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 1 frame, 24 buffers restored.
Turning on magit-auto-revert-mode...done (1.118s, 74 buffers checked)
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Package cl is deprecated

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/local --without-dbus --without-gconf
 --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gpm --with-gnutls
 --with-xml2 --with-modules --infodir /opt/local/share/info/emacs
 --with-json --without-harfbuzz --with-ns --with-lcms2
 --with-imagemagick --with-rsvg 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk -arch
 x86_64' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-no_pie
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.14.sdk
 -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
RSVG IMAGEMAGICK GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: 

Minor modes in effect:
  flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
  projectile-rails-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  company-box-mode: t
  rainbow-mode: t
  elisp-def-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  form-feed-mode: t
  purpose-mode: t
  imenu-list-minor-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  company-flx-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  smooth-scrolling-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  rxt-global-mode: t
  rxt-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  global-whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  global-origami-mode: t
  origami-mode: t
  global-move-dup-mode: t
  move-dup-mode: t
  global-magit-file-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  company-statistics-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  auto-compile-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  amx-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/opt/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode hides /Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20190710.1319/cmake-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail two-column dired-hide-dotfiles
vc-mtn vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs diff-hl-dired
dired-collapse dired-hacks-utils all-the-icons-dired lsp-ui
lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek
lsp-ui-sideline importmagic epc ctable concurrent deferred blacken
py-autopep8 python-docstring py-isort smartparens-python python tramp-sh
docker-tramp tramp-cache tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-compat ls-lisp flycheck-pos-tip add-node-modules-path
vc-git tabify jka-compr projectile-rails rake inflections inf-ruby
smartparens-ruby ruby-mode smie projectile company-quickhelp pos-tip
company-box company-box-doc company-box-icons company-keywords
company-etags company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-yasnippet company-capf company-emoji company-emoji-list
company-files company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template rainbow-mode xterm-color elisp-def ert pp
debug backtrace display-line-numbers cap-words superword subword
smartparens-config smartparens-org smartparens-markdown smartparens-text
form-feed solarized-dark-theme solarized-theme solarized solarized-faces
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons
spaceline-config spaceline-segments spaceline powerline
powerline-separators powerline-themes hideshow window-purpose-x shut-up
window-purpose window-purpose-fixes window-purpose-prefix-overload
window-purpose-switch window-purpose-layout window-purpose-core
window-purpose-configuration eieio-compat window-purpose-utils
imenu-list windmove magit-lfs magit-todos hl-todo org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-table ol org-keys org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs forge-list forge-commands forge-semi
forge-bitbucket buck forge-gogs gogs forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab glab
forge-github ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub let-alist forge-notify
forge-revnote forge-pullreq forge-issue forge-topic parse-time iso8601
bug-reference forge-post forge-repo forge forge-core forge-db closql
emacsql-sqlite emacsql emacsql-compiler url-http url-auth url-gw
diff-hl-flydiff dumb-jump popup etags fileloop generator rg rg-info-hack
rg-menu rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg wgrep rg-history rg-header
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs grep yard-mode poly-markdown polymode
poly-lock polymode-base polymode-weave polymode-export polymode-compat
polymode-methods polymode-core polymode-classes eieio-custom eieio-base
flycheck-objc-clang cl-lib-highlight company-lsp company-flx dap-mode
dap-overlays lsp-clients lsp-eslint lsp-verilog lsp-json url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
mailcap lsp-csharp gnutls lsp-pwsh lsp-terraform lsp-yaml lsp-vhdl
lsp-haxe lsp-erlang lsp-fsharp lsp-metals lsp-elm lsp-dart lsp-clojure
lsp-go lsp-xml lsp-css lsp-intelephense lsp-vetur lsp-html
lsp-solargraph lsp-rust lsp-pyls lsp lsp-mode xref url-util spinner
network-stream nsm markdown-mode color noutline outline lv inline ht f
em-glob esh-util dash-functional bindat flymake-proc flymake compile
warnings project yasnippet-snippets yasnippet pager-default-keybindings
pager browse-kill-ring delight use-package-bind-key use-package-delight
osx-trash bind-key exec-path-from-shell quelpa-use-package
use-package-core quelpa lisp-mnt help-fns radix-tree winner which-key
smooth-scrolling smartparens thingatpt paren savehist saveplace pcre2el
rxt re-builder recentf tree-widget ido-vertical-mode
ido-completing-read+ memoize cus-edit wid-edit minibuf-eldef help-at-pt
whitespace-cleanup-mode whitespace origami origami-parsers cl move-dup
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff smerge-mode diff magit-core magit-autorevert autorevert
filenotify magit-margin magit-transient magit-process magit-mode
git-commit transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm log-edit
message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev
mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor cl-extra
shell pcomplete comint ring server hl-line flycheck ansi-color find-func
help-mode dash diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher diff-mode easy-mmode
flx-ido flx ido editorconfig desktop frameset delsel company-statistics
company pcase auto-compile packed async-bytecomp advice async amx s
cus-start cus-load finder-inf edmacro kmacro rx info package easymenu
browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win
ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 692021 292293)
 (symbols 48 46555 2)
 (strings 32 181527 57204)
 (string-bytes 1 5576343)
 (vectors 16 92141)
 (vector-slots 8 1579832 416572)
 (floats 8 1046 1071)
 (intervals 56 4457 340)
 (buffers 1000 79))