Subject: Re: bug#39373: 27.0.50; [PATCH] mode-local-print-bindings broken with lexical-binding

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2020 13:39:10 +0200

Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]> writes:

> 2 feb. 2020 kl. 14.55 skrev Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>:
>
>> I also expected so, but I've already changed a handful of
>> `(run-hooks 'foo)` to `(mapcar #'funcall foo)`.  The problem is a bit
>> different, tho: it's *also* wrong to use it on dynamically-scoped let-bound
>> vars (tho it mostly works), so the doc should not focus on lexical
>> vars but on the difference between vars and hooks.
>
> Very well, in that case you are probably better placed to provide the
> nuanced modifications necessary, if any.

If I'm reading this thread right, the specific problem in this bug
report was fixed (and the documentation of add-to-list updated), but the
more general problem of going through all the instances of add-to-list
(and friends) in lexical files hasn't been done?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no