Subject: [bug#39372] Chicken Scheme: Update version to 5.1.0 and add gcc-toolchain

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 15:30:42 +0100

Le Sun, 09 Feb 2020 14:11:09 +0000,
Ekaitz Zarraga <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> > I suppose this is caused by a module loop or something between (gnu
> > packages scheme) and (gnu packages commencement). Maybe splitting
> > (gnu packages scheme) into two things (maybe a new (gnu packages
> > chicken)) would solve the issue?  
> 
> I think it does. I made a new patch with that but I'm not sure if I
> did everything right:

This is almost correct. You should make it two patches: the first moves
chicken to its own module, the second updates it. Make sure to add the
licence in the new file with a copyright line for yourself. The commit
message should be:

gnu: chicken: Move to a separate module.

* gnu/packages/scheme.scm (chicken): Move to chicken.scm.
* gnu/packages/chicken.scm: New file.
* gnu/local.mk (GNU_SYSTEM_MODULES): Add it.

for the first patch and:

gnu: chicken: Update to 5.1.0.

* gnu/packages/chicken.scm (chicken): Update to 5.1.0.
[propagated-inputs]: Add gcc-toolchain.

for the second patch. This makes it clearer what happens. You can find
a lot of examples from 'git log'.

Since no other package depends on chicken, we're all good I think.