Subject: Re: [bug#39367] [PATCH] gnu: Add anki.

From: "Robert Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 17:11:20 +0100

On Sun Feb 2, 2020 at 2:01 PM Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> > +     '(#:make-flags (list (string-append "PREFIX=" %output))
> 
> OOC, isn't it automatic in gnu-build-system?

For some reason I thought that this usually happened in the configure
stage, which I deleted. You're probably right, I'll double-check and fix
if necessary.

> Please order inputs and propagated-inputs alphabetically.

Will fix!
 
> The package builds fine, but when trying to run "anki", I get the
> following error:
> 
>   ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'decorator'
> 
> It looks like you also need to wrap PYTHONPATH around the executable. WDYT?

Since Anki uses python at run time, is the proper action to wrap the
executable with the desired pythonpath, or to declare python as a
propagated input? Propagating python sounds simpler, but would likely be
inconvienent for users who need custom python versions. I'll look into
wrapping PYTHONPATH and I will resubmit. Thank you for reviewing my
patch!

Best,

Robert