Subject: bug#3936: 23.0.96; doc string of called-interactively-p

From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:43:36 +0800

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > "Return t if the function using this was called with
>> > `call-interactively'."
>> 
>> I replaced this by :
>> 
>>   Return t if it is in a function called with `call-interactively'.
>
> That's just as bad. 

Thanks. :)

> What's "it"?

Usually "it" in a docstring refers to the function/variable the
docstring is documenting.  At least this is how I understand it.

> I really don't understand what you are trying to say. 

Are you sure?  Even the name of this function is very explicit:
"call-interactively-p", and I bet you know what it does - so it
shouldn't be hard to guess what the docstring is trying to say.

> When does `called-interactively-p' return t?

When the function in which (call-interactively-p) is has been
interactively called with (call-interactively ...)

> It should be possible to describe that
> condition. What does the code say?

Please suggest something better - with this small annoying constraints
that the first line has to be quite short.

-- 
 Bastien