Subject: [core-updates] GHC 8.6.5 build failure

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 16:25:16 +0100

Hello,

On the 'core-updates' branch, GHC 8.6.5 consistently fails a single
test:

=====> T13702(normal) 1219 of 6523 [0, 0, 0]
cd "./dynlibs/T13702.run" && $MAKE --no-print-directory -s T13702  
Wrong exit code for T13702()(expected 0 , actual 2 )
Stdout ( T13702 ):
hello world
Stderr ( T13702 ):
T13702a: user error (dlopen: ./T13702: cannot dynamically load position-independent executable)
make[2]: *** [Makefile:60: T13702] Error 1
*** unexpected failure for T13702(normal)

Here is the test in question:

https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/blob/master/testsuite/tests/dynlibs/T13702.hs

Initially I thought this has to do with the LibFFI 3.3 upgrade, but
reverting commit 5f1000d5d4cc4dfc9a1fe220457c17ad011d9e33 did not make a
difference.

Ideas, suggestions?