Subject: Re: bug#39347: 28.0.50; iso8601-parse can't handle all legal date values?

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 15:23:47 -0800

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I'm testing out `iso9601-parse' with the example values from the vcard
>> RFC, and am getting errors from the example date value "---12", from
>> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6350#section-4.3.1.
>>
>> My understanding is that "---12" as a date should parse to:
>>
>> (nil nil nil 12 nil nil nil -1 nil)
>
> I'm unable to find that form in
>
> http://www.loc.gov/standards/datetime/iso-tc154-wg5_n0038_iso_wd_8601-1_2016-02-16.pdf
>
> The RFC talks about the ISO8601 standard from 2000 -- perhaps those
> forms have been deprecated?

I sure hope so! Anyway, looks like the library is correct, and I just
get to decide if I want to support deprecated forms that might be sent
by someone's random outdated carddav server. Bleagh.

I want this package to support older Emacs than 27 -- I wonder if anyone
would yell at me if stuck a copy of iso8601.el in the package, and only
load it if the built-in one can't be found.

Eric