Subject: bug#39345: 28.0.50; rcirc-authenticate-before-join due to case sensitive mismatch

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 21:30:40 -0400

tags 39345 fixed
close 39345 28.1
quit

Jake Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:

> You are correct. To test, I dropped my registration with NickServ, and
> re-registered with my nickname lowercase, and now see it lowercased in
> the "You are now identified for [nickname]" message.
>
> Re-registering resolves this issue for me, but it is not apparent
> rcirc-authenticate-before-join is case sensitive when NickServ itself
> does not care.

Yes, since NickServ is case-insensitive, it makes sense that rcirc
should be as well.  I pushed a slightly different patch to master to do
this.

[1: 3758ff0f3a]: 2020-03-12 21:06:28 -0400
  rcirc: Match NickServ messages case-insensitively (Bug#39345)
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=3758ff0f3ad365b7a56c3e63a8d0d5f00f3d5085